Join Manchester’s contingent on Saddleworth’s
Palestine Women’s Scholarship Fund
Sponsored Walk, Sunday 10th May 2015
The walk is to raise money to enable women in Gaza to access higher education. This is particularly important following the devastation of the bombardment of last summer. We walk in peace and solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza who are unable to freely leave ‘the Strip’, an area of land that is just 25 miles long (45kms) and 6 miles wide (10km).
We will walk 6.5 miles (10.5km) from Marsden to Uppermill, taking time to stop, enjoy the surroundings and share some short poems.
Walk details from Manchester
- We will catch the train from Manchester Victoria at 10.12am
- The walk starts at 10.45am from Marsden Train Station. (If you’re driving, you can park near the station, HD7 6DH).
- We will be walking over hills, on muddy uneven ground. So please wear sturdy shoes and appropriate clothing. Some parts of the walk will be on small roads, crossing one major road at the beginning of the walk.
- Bring some lunch and drinks;
- Those joining us do so at their own risk.
- The walk ends with a welcome at 7 Saddleworth Fold, Uppermill, OL3 6EQ at about 3-3.30pm.There will be tea! cakes and poems.
- If you don’t wish to walk, please collect sponsorship for the other walkers and join us at the end of walk for tea. (If driving, please park on Church Road, Uppermill. Saddleworth Fold has limited parking.)
- Lifts will be available to help people return to Greenfield or Marsden station. We should be back at Victoria at 6.05pm.
You can help us raise funds by:
- Getting family and friends to sponsor you or give a donation
- Sponsoring us to do the walk (if you are not able to join us).
Please confirm your participation in the walk from Manchester by e-mailing Pia on [email protected] . Please e-mail for any more information, too.
You may also want to confirm your place at the end of walk tea and/or sponsorship by emailing [email protected] or phone 07975 908409 for more information.
We hope you can join us!!