MONDAY 18 MARCH 2013
1. David Amess: In last 12 months what discussions has Prime Minister had with Tony Blair as Quartet Special Representative; what was discussed and when; what assessment has he made of Tony Blair’s progress; what recent reports has he received on Tony Blair’s work as ME Peace Envoy; what recent discussions has he and HMG Ministers had with Mr Blair on this issue; and will he make a statement?
2. Duncan Hames: What was total value of aid given by HMG to (a) Israel and (b) OPTs in each of the last three years?
3. Guto Bebb: What assessment has DfID made of recent reports that Norway has launched a parliamentary committee looking into PA payments to Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails; what recent discussions has DfID Secretary had with her Norwegian counterpart on this issue?
4. Nick de Bois: What representations has DfID made to PA to ensure social welfare payments to Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails reach those intended and about value of monthly payments?
5. Jack Lopresti: What representations has DfID made to Israel about PA payments to Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails; what recent discussions has DfID Secretary had with EU counterparts about this issue?
6. Priti Patel: What representations has DfID made to Israeli officials about monthly payments to Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails?
7. Ann Clwyd: Has Foreign Secretary appointed or does he plan to appoint parliamentary human rights envoys to countries identified by FCO as countries of concern in connection with their human rights records? [NB: Israel and OPTs were among the FCO’s countries of concern]
8. Neil Parish: What representations has Foreign Secretary made to PA
to rejoin direct peace talks with Israel without preconditions?
9. Neil Parish: What representations has Foreign Secretary made to PA following recent reports that in an interview with Lebanese news channel Al-Mayadeen President Abbas said that Zionism had links to Nazism before World War II?
10. Neil Parish: What reports has Foreign Secretary received that President Abbas intimated in an interview with Lebanese news channel Al-Mayadeen that Israel was trying to kill him?
11. Neil Parish: What reports has Foreign Secretary received that President Abbas said in a recent interview with Lebanese news channel Al-Mayadeen that Zionism had links to Nazism before World War II?
12. Louise Ellman: What support is FCO providing to projects fostering coexistence between Israelis and Palestinians?
13. Jim Cunningham: Is EU seeking compensation for buildings built using EU aid which have been demolished by Israel?
14. Jim Cunningham: What recent assessment has Foreign Secretary made of effects of movement and access restrictions in West Bank on PA’s financial stability?
15. Duncan Hames: What is total value was of goods and services traded between HMG and (a) Israel and (b) OPTs in each of the last three years?
16. Ann Clwyd: How many parliamentary trade envoys have been appointed since May 2010; who are they; to which countries; does BIS Secretary plan to appoint others in the coming year? [Michael Fallon: Baroness Morris of Bolton is trade envoy to Jordan, Kuwait and Palestinian Territories]
17. Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to Israel concerning number of shootings at civilians and incursions into Gaza during recent ceasefire?
18. Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to Israel about new travel restrictions on civilians in Gaza?
19. Lord Turnberg: What discussions have HMG had with Israel about implications of recent closure of Kerem Shalom crossing into Gaza by Hamas?
20. Lord Steel: What action do HMG propose to ensure that cosmetics produced in settlements are not sold in UK labelled as originating in Israel?