THURSDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2013
1. Foreign Secretary attended informal meeting of EU Foreign Ministers in Vilnius 6-7 September, briefed by John Kerry on the MEPP. “Secretary Kerry also raised implementation of recent Guidelines on the eligibility of Israeli entities for EU funding.”
2. Jim Shannon: Asks Foreign Secretary what discussion he has had about Syria with Israel in particular, “who have serious concerns about chemical weapons“.
3. Richard Burden: When will DfID complete its consideration of the costs and benefits of additional assistance for vulnerable communities in Area C?
4. David Winnick: Has UK made representations to Israel on the state of the Shu’fat refugee camp and will Foreign Secretary make a statement on the health of the camp’s inhabitants?
WEDNESDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2013
1. Sir Bob Russell: Successive governments have condemned ethnic cleansing. Will the Prime Minister today condemn Israel for its ethnic cleansing of 40,000 Bedouin? [David Cameron sidesteps by talking about Israel’s right to exist and UK policy on settlements]
2. Andrew Percy: Speaking in Human Rights (Commonwealth) debate, says that having engaged in issues arising from the Israel-Palestine conflict, he is against boycotts as a way to try and solve issues.
3. Andrew Bridgen: What representations has FCO received from UK and other journalists working in Israel regarding delays by the Israeli Government in issuing press card renewals?
Commons Written Answers
4. Sir Gerald Kaufman: Will Foreign Secretary provide an estimate of the number of inhabitants of the Gaza strip killed by Israeli bombardments of white phosphorus, with a separate estimate of the number of civilians killed?
Commons Written Answers
MONDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2013
1. Philip Hollobone: What assessment has Foreign Secretary made of the effect that the growing insurgency in the Sinai and increased restrictions on Egyptian border with Gaza have had on the revised Israeli-Palestinian dialogue?
2. Bob Blackman: What was the source for the figures given to Baroness Tonge on 30th July 2013 of the number of Palestinian civilians killed by Israelis since 1 January 2012 in incidents directly related to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the West Bank and Gaza Strip? [Alistair Burt: Refers to his answer of 4 Sept 2013]
3. Richard Burden: What reports has Foreign Secretary received on the number of (a) lawful and (b) unlawful refusals of Palestinian requests for building permits and master plans in the West Bank since 29 July 2013?
4. Richard Burden: How many new housing units have been (a) announced and (b) approved in settlements in East Jerusalem and the Occupied Palestinian State since 29 July 2013; how many new housing units have been built in that time; how many Palestinian homes and other buildings have been demolished; how many Palestinians have been evicted; how many Palestinians had their East Jerusalem residency permit revoked; how many olive trees have been destroyed or vandalised; and how many Palestinians have been forcibly transferred out of Area C.?